- advertisement -

Alert!....This is an Insulin Pump.

Discussion in 'Teens' started by k.hawkins92, Dec 7, 2008.

1. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

So early this morning I woke up cuz my pump was vibrating. I have it set to beep instead of vibrate, so I was really confused as to what the problem was. I looked at the screen and this is what it said, "ALERT - This is an Insulin Pump. The pump is stopped. Medical Attention may be required."

I have NEVER seen anything like this!! I have a couple issues with this message:

1. Usually when I shut my pump off (like if I'm low, sometimes I stop all delivery for a few minutes, instead of eating) a mesage comes up every few minutes that says, "Delievery is stopped", just to remind me. So, I've never seen this type of "Alert" message before this morning.

2. How in the world did my pump stop delivery??!!! I sleep with my pump in a hard case, so its almost impossible to accidentally press buttons in my sleep. And it requires several button pushes to stop delivery, so I have no idea what happened.

So anyway, after this confusion, the next thing I realized was that my bg was probably through the roof if my pump had been shut off. So I checked, but I was 108. So I have noooo idea what went wrong, or what this weird alert message was for, but it kind of freaked me out.

If anyone out there has a cozmo pump, have you ever seen this message??

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

I'm a minimeder but I think it's kinda like our Auto-Off. Where if you don't use(bolus, etc.) the pump will stop delivering basal. It's basically there to assume that if you haven't touch or used your pump for X amount of time you must be low, or unconscious. So it auto-off to prevent you from dropping. It's an annoying feature, but could come in handy.

3. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

i'm an animas girl, but we have the same thing. i think it's auto set to 12 hours(mine is) but(mine) can be changed, 14 hours has worked well:cool:

4. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Call cozmo and ask what it means.

5. BobbyJackElmo

BobbyJackElmo Approved members

Mine used to do the same thing all the time. It seems impossible for it to stop delivery even a hard case but its not. Your pump was just off for to long.

6. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

I think you guys are right. I checked my settings for my pump and its set to shut off after 10 hours without pushing any buttons. And I slept in today, which I guess caused it to stop delivering. I recently got a new pump, so I suppose it was programmed to do this, so I changed it to shut off after 14 hours. NOT 10. :D Thanks for your input. I would never have guessed that.

7. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Mine auto shuts off after 15 hours, but one time I didn't use my pump after I ate supper that night, and I woke up that morning, and just as I was about to bolus, it went auto off. Grrrrrr. I try to press the light button before I go to bed because I know I won't sleep for 15 hours :D.

8. John7793

John7793 New Member

I never used my auto-off yet...
    Thank God I've never been low enough to pass out...
    FYI: Lowest BG: 31 lol when i was on shots