- advertisement -

Aldi GF Items

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by Tricia22, May 9, 2014.

1. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

I never shop at Aldi - have never even been in one actually, but my mom called me the other day saying that the Aldi weekly ad was advertising a new line of gluten free products available for a limited time and in limited quantities. I want to say the line it called "live G free" or something like that. The prices are GREAT for G free stuff.
    Has anyone tried any of their new gluten free products? If so - how are they?
    They have a macaroni and cheese type boxed dinner; granolas; frozen cheese ravioli / lasagna; "chewy bars" that look like granola bars; sandwich wraps; various kinds of baking mixes; etc.
    I checked on the website to see if I could see ingredient lists to see if I might like anything on there, but no lists were on there. I'm not a fan of stuff that's got bean flours in it - garbonzo bean / chickpea flour, etc.
    Please speak up if you've ever tried any of their GF products.
    Thanks!

2. mom2ejca

mom2ejca Approved members

We tried the brown rice spaghetti this week and really liked it. Even the non-gluten free members of my house thought it was good. I'm planning to stop back in and stock up!

Our Aldi has been carrying store brand gluten free baking mix & brownies for several months and their brownie mix is absolutely my favorite gluten free brownie mix. I don't know if the new brand is just the old mix repackaged under the new line, but the mix I've been buying did not contain any bean flours. I didn't really look at the new packaging since I already had a couple boxes at home.

I really wanted to try the tortilla wraps, but our store didn't get any in.

As an aside, I've found that Aldi has some of the best allergen labeling that I've come across. Their store brand is clearly labeled if it's gluten free. Even the tricky foods; chicken broth, baked beans, etc. have a little gluten free symbol on the back.

3. sincity2003

sincity2003 Approved members

I'm part of a group on Facebook for those with Celiac and I've seen nothing but good reviews on the Aldi foods. My son was just officially diagnosed this past Wednesday and our plan was to drive to the closest Aldi (30 minutes away) on Sunday to check it all out.