- advertisement -

Alaska

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by akgiauque, May 23, 2011.

1. akgiauque

akgiauque Approved members

I live in Palmer Alaska, If you are coming this way on vacation this year let me know and I will be happy to give you pointers on things to see, do and contacts in Anchorage or the area. If fishing is your thing let me know and I can get you a great deal on a salmon charter, sightseeing cruise or halibut fishing charter.

2. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

I spent 7 years of my 21 years in the Air Force in Alaska and have been to the state fair in Palmer many times. I miss it terribly. Would go back in a heartbeat.

3. Kaylee's Mom

Kaylee's Mom Approved members

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Alaska!! You are so lucky!!

Crystal

4. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I also would love to visit Alaska. I have some cousins up there.

5. Mom2Deacon

Mom2Deacon Approved members

I lived in Alaska for 4 years. I have been in the Palmer area many times before. Beautiful piece of the state.

--Sara

6. CoopersMom

CoopersMom Approved members

I am in WASILLA!!! Message me!!

Melissa

7. actualreality86

actualreality86 Approved members

I went to Alaska last year. Over packed on all of my D supplies, but really never know when you're out of state what all you're going to need! I had one too many infusion sets, and just the right amount of test strips. I LOVED how much walking I'd done. During the whole week I had done over 30 miles. Had quite a few lows too, and ended up going on Temp basals. I went to Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchikan, Alaska on Sapphire Princess Cruise line. I'm gong back in two years! Anchorage is on the list. So I'd love to know what all to do. I want to move there eventually.

8. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

We are going on a cruise to Alaska this summer with the Disney Cruise Line. :)
    The ship leaves round trip out of Vancouver and goes through Tracy Arm to Juneau, Skagway and Ketchican. We chartered a boat in Ketchican to take us Halibut fishing. We are all extremely excited :D

9. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

If you end up with any "extra" halibut, feel free to send it to me. ;)

10. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

lol ! Nothing like fresh halibut!!;)

11. akgiauque

akgiauque Approved members

We have been thinking about going with a Disney cruise line to Mexico. I will like to hear your reaction. As for Halibut, if you can get a salmon head for bait give it a shot. Big bait big fish!!! Should have lots of fun, remember your rain coat.