- advertisement -

Airport security and insulin pumps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I hope this gets to the TSA. There site states:

Passengers who have insulin pumps can be screened using imaging technology

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/passengers-diabetes

Obviously it is a personal choice if you want to go against the recommendations of not using body scanners, but the reports are showing that it is not in a pump wearers best interest to go through one. TSA needs to be aware of this.

3. Kent T

Kent T Approved members

Yes, and Animas does not recommend insulin pumps go through imaging devices.

4. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Yes, and I believe specifically they say it can void your warranty if you were to undergo a full body scan with your pump on - IMO I'd rather just be screened by hand than take that risk. Whether or not it would actually harm the pump is a moot point if the pump company would rather their pumps not go through the scanner.

5. Dannigirl5173

Dannigirl5173 Approved members

I know this is older but we frequently travel to Mexico and have never had a problem. I asked the TSA to hand inspect as well as Mexican authorities and all was well.

The TSA didn't really seem to know what it was where in Mexico- they barely looked at it and knew exactly what it was. It was weird.

It is your right to have it hand inspected and not put through scanners.