- advertisement -

Aidan's JDRF Walk Video

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Aidan'sMom, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Aidan'sMom

Aidan'sMom Approved members

2. MelissaC

MelissaC Approved members

One more awesome video!!!!

How stinking cute is your boy? Both boys for that matter - great job - I did not see anything bad at all....

3. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

I didn't find anything - thought it was great! He looks so precious up at the counter measuring his fruit. Aww.... God bless Aidan!! :cwds::cwds:

4. Aidan'sMom

Thank you!! I think they are super cute, but of course I am biased, (and it is a good thing they are cute, because they are certainly rotten!)!! LOL!!

5. Aidan'sMom

He is Mr. I wanna do it myself!! Always been that way, wouldn't even let me feed him his baby food when he was smaller. It is so frustrating sometimes, but I am glad that he is independent!

6. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

That is really good! Nice job!

7. aidensmom

aidensmom Approved members

Great job!! I'm still wiping away the tears. I'm thinking I should forward this on to some of my friends and family that still just don't get it. It is very informative and Aidan is precious :)

8. Aidan'sMom

Thank you!! Forward away if needed!!

9. mom2two

mom2two Approved members

Great job on the video!!!! Where did you get that awesome bag you carry his supplies in I want one!

10. Aidan'sMom

Fifty50.com is where the bag came from. Fifty percent of the amount you pay goes to diabetic research. He also has a medic alert bracelet that matches his bag!! I love the bag, it is neoprene (the same thing wet suits are made of) and he has gotten it wet on the outside with no damage to anything on the inside. Plus it is big enough to carry everything in, but it is still not bulky!! I think it was around $20, but I don't remember for sure!

11. mom2two

mom2two Approved members

I've been there before but wasn't looking for a bag, I'm going to check it out now! Thanks!!

12. nobodybutjustme

nobodybutjustme Approved members

GREAT JOB. I LOVED it!!!! (and, I agree: both boys are very cute!)

13. CButler

CButler Approved members

That was a wonderful video! I didn't "proofread" because I was too absorbed in the pictures! I liked the ones when he was in the hospital and the cute smiling picture at the end. The 500 number took my breath away, then I saw the one in the 30's.:eek: It was very thorough and touching.

14. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Great video - well done - and you have a beautiful family.

15. Aidan'sMom

Thank you all for watching!

16. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

I loved it. It just breaks my heart seeing any child having to go through this, let alone a baby like Aidan. Thanks for doing this video Amanda. :)

17. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

Oh man babies are the hardest, the smaller they are the harder it hits me. What a cutie! Great job on the video!!!

18. Aidan'sMom

Yeah, it is heartbreaking that all of these children have to go through this.

My brother, who is 21 years old got through about 2.5 seconds of the video and said he couldn't watch anymore (he was already crying like a baby), my best friend would only watch it without the music and when I was making it Brent was running through the house playing and caught some of it and started crying and said, "I wish my Aidan didn't have to be sick anymore." (Broke my heart!) And my Hubby told me if he had to watch it one more time (I was making him help me with changes) he was gonna shoot me! And of course he was bawling! (Shhh, don't tell him I told you!) I think they all needed their turn to cry. Lord knows I had mine while Aidan was sleeping in his hospital bed for a week, but then I realized I had to pull it together and take care of my child. There are days when I still want to cry, but I am sure everyone has those from time to time.