- advertisement -

Adults with type 1 - Do you test overnight?

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by jilmarie, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Blue

Blue Approved members

I haven't read all the replies . . . but I've got an adult friend with Type 1 and she doesn't test herself at night. Her husband, on the other hand, can tell by how she is sleeping if she is high or low and will test her.

2. Ronin1966

Ronin1966 Approved members

Hello Blue:

<<Her husband, on the other hand, can tell by how she is sleeping if she is high or low

Grrrrrrr, THAT makes me crazy (crazier?) ... my wife can tell before I do... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!

3. Wendy12571

Wendy12571 Approved members

I don't test at night either. I do wear a dexcom, but don't always wake up with that one either.
    Wendy

4. Miike

Miike Approved members

Test at night for 3 reasons.

When I started pumping 10 years ago I had to set the alarm and check to see how my basil and boluses were working. I had a back injury and was taking prednisone. The highs from that medication was shocking and the boluses to correct a bit frightening so I would set the alarm to check. When I wake up in the middle of the night and feel a bit restless I check. When I can't sleep it is usually because of a low.

5. Trev

Trev Approved members

Sometimes

I think I do more then I would, if I didn't have 2 type 1 kids. If that makes any sense.:p

6. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Does that go along with the "since I'm already up" sentiment that most of us have if/when we test overnight :p

7. mocha

mocha Approved members

I check if I can't sleep. When I can't sleep, or if I randomly wake up, it generally means something is out of wack. I'll check if I'm doing an overnight basal tweak as well, but that tends to take more effort. ;)

8. Fairy Nurse

Fairy Nurse New Member

Only when CGM indicates a high or low, then I'll test and treat. It wakes me up with it's alarm, so I don't feel I need to set one.