advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adhesive remover for sensitive skin

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Tomdiorio, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Tomdiorio

Tomdiorio Approved members

Hello all.

We have been having a hard time removing my 7 year old sons inset infusion sites on occasion. Sometimes they are stuck on so well, it hurts him to remove them. And this is after soaking in the bath.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an adhesive remover that is easy on the skin. He has very sensitive skin. Which is why he doesn't have a cgm.(allergic reaction)

I tried a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

2. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

unisolve wipes help.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

What we found is to put on the adhesive remover or baby oil liberally and then let it sit for a while. When my daughter was younger, we would wait until after bath time as it really had the extra help it needed to just slide off when bathing.

4. Tomdiorio

Thank for the info. Ubisolve wipes don't seem to aggravate the skin?

Never tried baby oil. Maybe we will try that too. It happens sometimes even after he has taken a long soaking bath too.

5. kail

kail Approved members

Expensive. But totally worth it.

SENSI-CARE Sting Free Adhesive Releaser Spray, 50ML
    by SensiCare

Sorry. I guess I don't know how to post the link to amazon but that is where I bought it after seeing how well it worked in the hospital I work at.

6. Tomdiorio

Cool. Thanks. I'll check that out too. Is it pretty sensitive on the skin?

7. kail

kail Approved members

We don't have any issue with it and it is used widespread in the hospital for all sorts of adhesives and skin areas. It costs about 20 dollars but lasts us a quite a while, at least 6 months, probably more but I don't pay that much attention. Maybe closer to 9-12 months.

We tried detachol too when we tried mastisol. Its okay but I like the spray better.

8. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Unisolve also comes in liquid form. We put it into a tiny spray bottle and use it that way. FYI. Wipes are good but spray is better IMO. We haven't ever had any kind of skin reaction from it. Good luck!

9. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

We never had any skin reaction from the unisolve. It doesn't take long to work, so not on the skin long. Wipe off after getting the gunk off. Great idea on the spray bottle!

ps the unisolve works at getting tape & adhesive off of other things around the house too.

10. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

We use De-Solv-It. Spray and wait, he'll find it on the floor a few minutes later. They use it to remove IV tape from preemies in the NICU. We get it on Amazon, on our second bottle since diagnosis three years ago.

11. Tomdiorio

Cool. I'll check that out too. Thank you all for your help.