- advertisement -

Adhesive allergy? *pic included*

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Debdebdebby13, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Debdebdebby13

Debdebdebby13 Approved members

[​IMG]

We took DD's old pod off tonight, granted it stayed on an extra day. We put a new pod on last night, but didn't get around to removing the old one till this evening.

We noticed about a week ago when we took off band aids it looked irritated underneath. Then we took off this pod and it is all red and blistered and awful looking. DD didn't mention it hurting or anything so it was a real surprise to see it look so raw.

So, what can we use as a barrier underneath her pod?

2. Lizzy731

Lizzy731 Approved members

One word....cavalon barrier skin wipes. Actually that's 4 lol. Bethany had the same issues when we started the pod and hasn't ever since we started the wipes.

3. Lizzy731

4. selketine

selketine Approved members

We'd get that same looking rash from our old Navigator cgms sensor tape. I tried the wipes mentioned and other stuff - ultimately I had to put an "under bandage" and leave a hole where the sensor wire could go in directly.

I'm afraid it could be that you have to try the wipes and barriers and see what works but that does look like what we used to see with William.

5. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

6. Nevaeh's mommy

Nevaeh's mommy Approved members

barrier wipes

Nevaeh has had a rash like that before.

Question for those using the wipes:

At what step do you use the wipes?
    After wiping skin off with alcohol and before adhesive?

7. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We had the same looking rash for my younger son on the Dexcom. I posted pics a few years ago. We never have any reaction to Animas or Minimed pump infusion sets thank goodness. Never tried the Pod. We tried different wipes and under barriers but never worked for us. Just switched to MM CGM and have no problems. Hope you find a solution to yours.

8. Lizzy731

Use them just before you put on the pod. Skin needs to be completely dry first and dry after the cavilon is applied before putting on the pod.