- advertisement -

Adherence Survey

Discussion in 'Surveys and Studies' started by Ronin1966, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Ronin1966

Ronin1966 Approved members

Hello,

My name is Elisha and I am doing my thesis at the University of Nevada, Reno and am needing those individuals who are age 18 or over AND had type 1 during their adolescents to complete a brief online survey. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5QBJXN2

2. Ronin1966

Study re: Adherence when you were a teen

I am not Elisha, but I did promise to help get her study out, to as many places as possible if I could. If you know another diabetes website
    that might be a good fit for this study please cut and paste it...

She's a neat young woman who just needs some more bodies for her thesis study!!!! (Her follow-up was wonderfully short too... btw :D )

Stuart

3. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

During your entire adolescence, or just part of it? I was dx'd at 17. And in fact, ages 12-18 are the most common time to be diagnosed, so there are a lot of us who were diabetic during only part of adolescence.

4. Ronin1966

Hello LantusFiend:

You're asking the wrong person (Its truly not my study... just helping because I said I would)

If you were diabetic even newly diagnosed as a teen... comfortable you probably qualify for her research I'd bet?

She needs more bodies to gather her data....

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  5. Ronin1966

Hello Jonah:

I forwarded your question to Elisha. Thinking about it, it should not make any difference. Whether diagnosed at 11 or at 17 the question remains did we follow the map our doctors, our parents gave us for our diabetes... did we try and comply or not?

The reasons we "did not" is a different though important question!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010