- advertisement -

ACT accommodations, link?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Kaylas mom, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Does anyone know of a link to a reputable site that lists testing accommodations for diabetics. I send a request into Kayla's school coordinator and got a response back saying that he would have to look into it as they only give accommodations to kids with IEPs not 504's. I wanted to give him some info to help him. Kayla is required to take the ACT this year as we are a pilot district that gives them to all juniors and she has 3 AP classes this year.

2. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

Here is a link a 504 works based on the reasons if your 504 allows for extended time for correction on school tests. Does she get accommodation for her AP exams? Those are approve through SAT and take a long time in many cases to get. The PDF link on the bottom clearly states IEP and 504. It is the best. But note the link page gives the dates paperwork is due by for each test. By the way my DD took it in 7th grade and the accommodation were much easier to get.

Oops I for got the link sorry

http://www.actstudent.org/regist/disab/chart.html

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  3. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Thank you!