- advertisement -

Accu Chek Mobile BG Meter

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by andiej, Mar 17, 2014.

1. andiej

andiej Approved members

I had an email from Accu-Chek offering to send us a free Accu-Chek Mobile BG Meter. The new model. I love the idea and I'm thrilled Accu-Chek now have a product that offers the same small sample size as the Freestyle Lite strips 0.3. I've only tried the Accu-Chek Expert meter and whilst we loved the quality we don't use it as our primary meter because of the standard 0.6 blood sample size required and it doesn't allow you to add more blood. I have of course said "yes please send one" we will give it a try but I just wondered if anyone else had tried this meter?

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I do no think that this model is yet available in the US.

3. JackyH

JackyH Approved members

Yes we tried it. I hate to give a negative review but it really was the worst meter we have used. I had thought the all-in-one would be a real plus as my son is impossible for losing things. However, it was extremely bulky and very awkward and difficult for a little one with small hands to use (he was a 10 year old pip-squeak at the time). Also the sensitivity of the test cartridge was ridiculous. We would get error after error and would waste half the cartridge just trying to get a single test. We gave up on it after a couple of weeks.

4. andiej

andiej Approved members

Thanks Jacky. We will give it a try when it comes, but overly sensitive tests will drive me mad, I'm laying my money on us sticking with the Insulinx just can't seem to beat it.

5. Dad_in_Canada

Dad_in_Canada Approved members

Is this the one with the test strip "cartridge" in it? If so, we tried it, but shelved it after a couple days. It was just so finicky with getting a blood drop *exactly* on the part of the test strip. Then we found that if it errored (due to insufficient blood drop), then we'd have to turn-off the meter & then re-start the whole process. It really became quite a nuisance. At a JDRF event I showed the rep these issues, and he reproduced them, but couldn't provide an explanation or way of doing a test differently to avoid the issues.

I believe Accu-Chek updated the model since we tried it. Hopefully it has improved. The concept of the all-in-one is great, and so is the cartridge concept, so I'm hoping it'll be improved.

6. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

This was our experience also. More frustration than it was worth.