advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accu-Chek aviva errors

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by CassiesMama, Apr 17, 2010.

1. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

Just wondering what the E-7 error code is for, it happens almost everytime we put a strip in the meter. We mainly use a bayer contour, but got these meters and test strips from the trialnet study and Cassidy is liking them a bit better, but I dont want to switch if we are going to be getting errors 9 our of 10 times.

2. cindyrn6617

cindyrn6617 Approved members

I can't remember, but did you call Accu chek. They will guide you through and send you a new meter if need be. Customer service is great with them.

3. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

E-7 means an electronic error occured or a used test strip was removed and re-inserted.
    Turn meter off and on or take battery out for 20 seconds then put back in. Customer care is 1-800-858-8072

We love our Aviva! It may just be that you got a bad one - they will send you another one.

4. CassiesMama

Thanks I will try that, I know all the strips are new. So if the battery deal dont work will be on the phone with them :D

5. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

I agree with the others, try the battery trick and then give them a call. Their customer service is great, and they'll send you a new one if you can't get this one to work. Especially if you tell them how much you like it. You should also ask them for a new vial of strips, since you've used up a bunch with the errors.

6. CassiesMama

Well just called them cause the E-7 was still showing up and I am amazed with the customer service. I love the bayers no coding but when I called their customer care line they were rude. Talking to the Accu-chek people was a very welcome change. I think we are changing meters once and for all now. Plus they are sending me a new meter for this one and a whole box of strips to replace the ones wasted. Said it would be here in 2 days. WOW :D:p

7. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

accu chek by and far has the BEST customer service of any diabetes related company that I have used in my whole diabetic experience.
    Always helpfull, no problems getting meters or strips or multiclix for free to try out or replaced if there was a problem.
    They even sent me a couple of those new cases free after my online order disapeared.:)