- advertisement -

Accu Check Multi Click

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by BellasMom, Nov 20, 2009.

1. BellasMom

BellasMom Approved members

Due to a poll on this website we've switched to the Multi Click lancet and really like it a lot better than the ones that come with our our meter. I would like to get a few more lancets for her school meter, etc. My question is.....can you get the lancet without buying the meter?

If anyone could use the Accu Check meter..you're welcome to it. We like our One Touch.

Thanks!!! :cwds:

2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

We can buy the MultiClix on it own in NZ... I'm sure you should be able to as well.

3. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Your pharmacy can order them in

4. meg9901

meg9901 Approved members

I've seen the Multi-clix lancing device at SOME drug stores, but have had better luck asking for them at my endo appointments.

At the drug store, it was $20 for the meter plus lancing device, and $30 for the lancing device alone. Crazy!

5. mom2ejca

mom2ejca Approved members

I would call Accu-check and tell them how much you love the Multiclix and ask them for an extra.

Accu-check has excellent customer service, they've always been great about making sure we have back-ups.

6. Lee

Lee Approved members

I would call them first;

and honestly, I bought a meter for one for $5.00 with a coupon...or I could have bought just the multiclix for $30...

7. annaluvspink

annaluvspink Approved members

I've seen the Multiclix lancing device at Wal Mart.

8. Charlotte'sMom

Charlotte'sMom Approved members

Call and ask for one. We had one break and I called to see if they would replace it. They said no problem. So I asked if they could send me a couple more because we loved them so much! And they did!!! Now we have a couple back-ups should we ever break another.

9. Jessies_Mom

Jessies_Mom Approved members

We just switched as well and I've seen the lancets sold seperately at Walgreens.

10. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

yep, call accu-chek and tell them how much you like it and ask them if they'll send you a couple of extras. So you can have one at school, in the travel bag, etc. they're usually really nice about it.

11. GabriellasMom

GabriellasMom Approved members

Your pharmacy can order them for you. Our old endo gave us a prescription for a couple of extras and our insurance paid everything but the copay.

12. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Yes you can buy the lancets or barrels as they are called seperately. They come 17 barrels to a box which equals 102 lancets.

13. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Walgreens and Rite Aid or even Walmart had the Multi Clix sold seperately..

14. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

Definitely call! They are great. I was having problems with insurance and I called to see if they would send me some strips to get me through a preauthorization period...they sent me 200 without a bat of the eye :)

15. BellasMom

BellasMom Approved members

Thanks for all the posts. I will call them. It sounds like they have great customer service. :D