- advertisement -

Acanthosis Nigricans

Discussion in 'Teens' started by k.hawkins92, Nov 23, 2009.

1. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Some of you may remember that I posted a while back that I had some discoloration of the skin on my neck. Well, I had my endo appointment today, and I asked about it, and they told me I'm experiencing Acanthosis Nigricans. Apparantly it's a condition where the skin on the neck (usually the back of the neck, so I guess I'm a bit unusual, as mine is in the front) turns a dark color. It's a common symptom of type 2 diabetes, or, if you are already diagnosed with type 1, it's a sign of insulin resistance. :( It's supposed to go away, or at least improve when my insulin dosages come down, but I'm stuck with it for now.

By the way, special thanks to Heather(CA) on the parent's boards for guessing the cause of my condition before I even went to the endo. :cwds:

2. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Awww, let's hope you start having lows LOL :p. As I type this I'm soaking my feet in water/salt...I have a toe infection, which I think one of the kids from one of the parents on the parents board had. Hope it goes away sooN!

3. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Awww, thats terrible Emily! I hope it gets better soon!
    We've gotta stand up against these ailments! Show them who's boss! *prepares for battle* ...:)