- advertisement -

abcess in delicate places - any experience?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by spamid, Nov 13, 2011.

1. spamid

spamid Approved members

My 13 yr old has an abcess on her nipple, found it today, after pain and lump there. The doctor said it's pretty big, and I have to call and get an appt for a sonogram tomorrow, then follow up with a surgeon. Anyone dealt with this with their CWD? If they do surgery, is it simple and short? Her endo is in Dallas, and that's where I'd prefer to take her, we actually have an appt Tuesday week anyway. It doesn't seem to be affecting her sugars at all, but pain medicine is not helping, and she is on antibiotics.

2. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

Sorry, no personal experience, but owie owie owie. It's probably day surgery, in and out. They may even do a local, and not put her under completely. It just all depends. I hope it is something really simple. Any idea on what caused it?

3. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

My hubs had one over the summer on his back. He had to have it cut out and it was pretty painful for him. They'd go in couple of days and clean it, pack it with fresh guaze. Sorry for her, they suck, I know:(