- advertisement -

Aaron bailed out a Type 1 stranger today!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hollyb, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Hollyb

Hollyb Approved members

Wow, talk about bumping into the right person! Aaron came home from school today to tell me that when he and his friends were walking across the park, a 20-something guy kind of stumbled up to them, talking slurry and slow, and asked if he could use their phone. They kind of hesitated, wondering if he was a crackhead or if he'd take off with it, but said OK. He had some trouble with the phone, seemed not to be able to work it very well(we all know where this is going....) Said he wanted to call his uncle in a town about a 40-minute drive away but couldn't seem to be able to complete the call, then mentioned sort of as an aside that he was calling because he was trying to get to the hospital. Aaron asked him why and yep, NOW he finally gets around to telling them he is diabetic and took too much insulin.

At which point Aaron springs into action, sits the guy down, pours a bunch of Skittles into his hand, tells him to eat them, REMINDS him to keep on eating them (I guess he'd eat a couple and then sort of forget), fishes out a juice box and makes the guy slurp it down (he's making sense now and really appreciative), gets him to eat more Skittles, and gives him money for the bus to the hospital (because he wanted to go anyway). He didn't have a meter, and Aaron didn't think to offer the use of his, but gave him the whole rest of a big bag of Skittles to take with him so figures he'll be OK.

That was one lucky dude.

2. Brideyful

Brideyful Approved members

this warms my heart!!!!

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Wow! thats exciting! Aarons a hero. That guy must feel real lucky to have met up with him.

4. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

What a lucky guy he was to run into Aaron. I wish there was some way to find out how that guy is doing now.

WTG Aaron.

5. HarleyGuy

HarleyGuy Approved members

I love hearing stories like this. Especially when it involves our young people. Great big pat on the back for Aaron. He could have very possible saved that guys's life. I hope he feels pretty proud of himself. He sure should.

That could be me sometime...or you. I hope I have an "Aaron" help me if this should ever occur to me.

6. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

That is so awesome. WTG Aaron.

7. shekov

shekov Approved members

Tell Aaron that he and his friends are amazing!

Most people would have walked away.

My D brother was once in the same situation and saved by a stranger on the street. Aaron, you're my hero.

8. Hollyb

Hollyb Approved members

Yes, I think many people would have walked quickly away from a young gangstery looking guy clearly not in his right mind. I'm proud of all those kids!

Aaron was pretty pumped that he was able to bail the guy out. And... at an age when Mom's fussy cautions are pretty annoying, what a great lesson in the value of ALWAYS having your low supplies with you.

9. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

What a hero! WTG, Aaron!!!!

10. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Oh this is so incredibly awesome. Tell Aaron thank you from me (I just think could that have been my 22 year old some day?), and we're so proud of him!!! :cwds::cwds:

11. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

Great job Aaron!!! :)

12. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Tell Aaron thanks from a mom! I'm sure that young man's mom would be thrilled to know someone helped him!

13. madde

madde Approved members

Awesome...Just Awesome!!!:)

14. samheis

samheis Approved members

That is so cool. He was a hero!

15. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

Fabulous!!!!

Give Aaron a great big hero hug.

16. Boo

Boo Approved members

That's exactly what I was thinking!

Way to go Aaron! A big thanks goes out to you on behalf of all of the parents of type 1's everywhere!

17. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Great for Aaron. I'm so glad he and his friends didn't just ignore that guy. Aaron very possiblly saved his life.

18. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Way to go Aaron and his buddies!!! It's nice to know that in this day and age there are still people out there willing to help out those who need it!

19. tesa

tesa Approved members

OMG! Brought tears to my eyes! What a hero and great kid you have! Way to go Aaron!!! This is what life is all about, helping others! :) Thank God he was there at the right time and place!

20. heamwdevine

heamwdevine Approved members

Wow! That's really great! You should be proud!