- advertisement -

A very real request

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MamaC, Oct 21, 2010.

1. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Far be it from me to act as peacemaker. BUT:

Can we all...oldies, newbies, cognoscenti, neophytes, meanies, downtrodden, up-raters, down-raters, non-raters, megaposters, lurkers, wearers of big girl panties and sporters of thongs...

Call a temporary cessation of hostilities. Establish a demilitarized zone. Just for a little while. Maybe a day while we lick our collective wounds and start to try to heal our psyches...and reflect on the real stuff that we all share...the fear, the longing for a safe zone, the realization that sometimes the horrific is real, and that sometimes hope is all we have. We've learned of the loss of a young life.

For just a bit...can we all leave off?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  2. Lee

Lee Approved members

110% in for this time of peace, reflection, and grief.

3. caspi

caspi Approved members

Yes, yes, and yes. It all does seem so trivial in the wake of current events, doesn't it? Thank you for posting this..... :cwds:

4. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Yes, please!

But can we try for permanant and not temporary?

5. lauraqofu

lauraqofu Approved members

Yes, please. Let's remember why we're here...and also remember that sometimes our patience is thin, sometimes we act before we think. Let's be kinder to each other. There's a whole world full of people judging how we do things with our children everyday. If you ask for advice, be prepared to hear honest answers, and know they aren't coming out of judgement, but out of the desire to share hard earned knowledge.

6. wilf

wilf Approved members

I'm all in. :)

And please feel free to chide me if you see me slipping up.. :cwds:

7. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

AMEN!

oh geez, message too short:rolleyes:

8. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

Here Here!!

9. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

why am I the last to know? I didn't even know we were fighting or whateveryou want to call it. lol

10. momowun

momowun Approved members

Thank you for posting, though it's sad that such a thing need even be said. Very very sad.
    Diabetes is a nasty illness with devastating effects in many ways.
    Surely that's enough to unite us all in compassion for each other and our children? Period.

11. grantsmom

grantsmom Approved members

Agreed....we need each other...

12. MommaRetta

MommaRetta Approved members

Blessed are the peacemakers. :)

Don't know about the rest of you, but I was really extra ordinarily vigilant/protective with my son last night. He wasn't too sure about my smothering though.:rolleyes:

I love it when people can come together. And I'm all for this being a permanent thing.

13. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

Thanks for posting this.. I have not gotten involved in any of the heated threads but have read them.. My hope is that everyone will see the reality of what has happened to a beloved, awesome family that was part of our circle and realize that any day it could be their family or the family of someone they were arguing with.. At some point in time you need to realize life isn't about arguing, who is right, who is wrong, who is new, who is old.. Life is precious and at any moment can be gone.. That is a fact.. And with that I hope everyone can at least try to get along, that they can try to reach out to those that need the help.. Lend an ear to someone you might not normally.. You just never know..

14. timnshann

timnshann Approved members

Lets face it...differences of opinions, personalities, etc...we need each other.

15. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

You are a wise woman.:cwds:

16. Alex's Dad

Alex's Dad Approved members

Agree , putting aside our political or religious differences, to come together and help each other is the purpose we are in this forum to begin with. To learn, teach and give comfort to those who are fighting the same devil disease as we are.

17. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

crazy hippy here singing kumbaya!

18. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

Very nice post, thank you MamaC --I'm in.:cwds:

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." ~Mother Teresa

19. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

I am new to this and I will be following my grandmother's advice and never talk religion or politics. I am here to learn about type 1 and how to keep my son healthy. Everything is still so raw for us that I can not even focus on other topics. All the other stuff...drama... I just don't get it.

Let's build each other up, not tear each other down.

I know I am way over my head in this d crud. I hate it and it feels like i'm drowning. I need to be able to get on here and see that life goes on and that some of you, that have been dealing with this for awhile, have learned to love and live life in spite of this darn disease. Seeing that is important so I can pull myself up and instill those things in my son. Am I depending on an online forum? Yes. Is that a little pathetic? Probably. But that is all I have right now.

20. shekov

shekov Approved members

I'm in!

We are all here for the same reason. We need each other.