- advertisement -

A tip for those who have Cleo sets

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by quiltinmom, Nov 30, 2015.

1. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

We got a box of Cleos to try. Well, we had a little trouble with them, until we tried taping them differently. Instead of cutting the hole to go around the entire plastic part, we cut the hole to fit Around the post that the tubing hooks on to. So the hole is around 1/4 inch in diameter. It seems to hold it down better.

We don't plan on ordering any more Cleos, but it lets us use up the box we have without as much frustration. Lol

Just thought I would share. :)

2. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

Great tip - Cleo's are a little fussy.

I'll add another option. My daughter developed a skin reaction to Cleos and in order to keep using them, we would cut a square of opsite that was larger than the entire adhesive, put that down first and then injected through the Opsite. For us, the Cleo's stuck beautifully to the Opsite. No further taping required.

3. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I love the Cleos! I find they're pretty much always painless, the adhesive sticks (if I use skin tac), and the profile is low. I also don't get the burning I got with boluses with the Inset 30.

My issue with Cleos is when I go to take the inserter away- the whole set pulls off with it.

4. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

I wish they worked for us. Too many failures at the end of the tube. I love that the site and tubing are separate because we never changed them at the same time. Also love that you never see the needle and that the push motion also withdraws the needle. Wish they could make a hybrid of Cleo and insets!

5. MamaG

MamaG Approved members

we've always used Cleo and have no issues as long as we use the tape to hold it down. They do come out kinda easily during play.

6. Mo1

Mo1 Approved members

We used Cleos once upon a time...wanted to mention a tip to funnygirl. Endo had us wait until the Cleo nearly fell off on its own instead of pulling it off. It takes a moment or two longer but avoids pulling everything off.

7. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

My tip is to take a pin/needle and go to the fabric dot and loosen the skin barrier from the inserted about a 3rd of the way. Remember where the dot is and tilt back from there slowly.

8. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Thank you for the tips! I've been trying to apply a lot of pressure on the applicator for several seconds, then pull away, but I still accidentally lose sets. Sounds like time may be more of a key to getting it to adhere than pressure.