- advertisement -

A Target of Opportunity

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sszyszkiewicz, Aug 8, 2014.

1. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

Ok so tonight I was wishing we had a pump because at 11:30PM DS was running a little high, floating just north of 200 and I was deciding if I should correct him or not. He was really tired tonight and I didnt want to wake him.

Then he rolled over.

Onto his stomach.

Now 2.5 hours later he is a steady 110 as I took advantage of that target of opportunity. He will never know, but I feel like I accomplished something!

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

the target being the Booty?

3. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

Yep that would be the one!

4. dpr

dpr Approved members

It's always nice when the opportunity "presents" itself. :) I've done a few site changes in the middle of the night that way when a site has gone bad. The next morning it's Daaaaad how come I have 2 sites?!!

5. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

I remember the first time I gave DD a correction via MDI while she was sleeping. It was a little bit of a confidence boost. Like YEAH I got this pancreas mama thing down, I can do this while she sleeps! Take that insulin and shove it D beast! :wink: