- advertisement -

A small miracle; good to know they happen!!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by goochgirl, Jul 26, 2011.

1. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

Two weeks ago, we arrived at my parents house for our annual summer visit. It was a very long drive, and after the stress of packing up our house to move, we were all ready to just get here. So, we pushed on to do 2 days of driving instead of splitting it into 3 days. We arrived around midnight. The kids walked in through the back gate, and I went around through the garage to open it and start carrying in our supplies.... didn't notice that we had left the gate, which usually springs closed, slightly ajar. I pet my dog, who lives with my parents, and collapsed into bed. Next morning. Dogs gone. A kid down the street was out with his friends that night and picked up the 2 males running down the street around 1:30 am. No sign of my dog. We put up ads on craigslist, newspaper, all the rescue groups. Funny enough, a man picked up the same breed (which is unusual) dog in his neighborhood not too far from us, the same day. Not my dog. He put up Found Dog signs. We heard from a million people, all about his dog. Last night, 3 boys playing by a bridge found her. My pampered little pooch has survived 2 weeks out by herself in the Texas heat living under a bridge eating God knows what! She smelled to high heavens and was covered nose to tail in burrs. They took her home and the mother called the man who found the other dog. He called us, as by now we had spoken several times, to tell us someone may have found her! We had completely given up hope of ever getting her back. FYI; the reason the dogs were not chipped, was because their vet charged $85/dog to chip. We found out during this ordeal that the Humane Society charges $15 and Animal Control charges $6.

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Happy ending! I can only imagine how sad you must have been during those two weeks.:( And how happy you all must have been to be reunited! Doggie treats must flow!:D

3. sooz

sooz Approved members

I am so glad it all turned out well! You must be so thrilled!!

4. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

:). I'm glad she's home!

5. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

So glad you found your furry friend!:cwds:

6. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Oh Im so glad that you found your dog! :) That would have been hard on the kids to have to say goodbye to their friend