- advertisement -

A-Plus & BCBS coverage

Discussion in 'Insurance Issues' started by Michelle'sMom, May 2, 2011.

1. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

Does anyone here have problems with BCBS only covering a limited number of infusion sets per month through A+ Supply? This is a PPO plan.

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

we have BCBS PPO, never had a problem with sets but we only get 10 a month, never tried for more.

3. momofsingingdiabetic

momofsingingdiabetic Approved members

Same with us. We only get 10 per month, which works for us. Never had a problem getting them.

4. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Yes, we used to get 2 boxes a month. Now we get 2 boxes 1 month and then 1 box the next month. It works out fine though.

5. Michelle'sMom

Thanks everyone. Looks like it's not a problem with BCBS. This will be our last month with A+. It was nice while it lasted.

6. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

So what happened if it's not with BCBS? Are you not happy with A+, or is A+ dropping you? :(

7. Michelle'sMom

I was completely happy with A+, until they refused to ship more infusion sets. According to them, my insurance limits the amount of supplies I can get. According to my insurance, they cover the amount prescribed. In Feb, my shipment was late & I was down to 1 infusion set by the time I finally got it in March. That set was the last of my stash of extras from before A+. If we have a pulled site or one that just fails, we can't even make it through the month. With the extra activity of summer I can't take the chance on running out of supplies.

8. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

How is the script from the dr written? We use A+ and normally only get 1 box per month, but during the summer or if we have a bad run, I just call and ask for 2 boxes. I've never had a problem.
    Have you talked with one of the supervisors there and explained the problem? Maybe they just need to call and get a new script from the dr.