- advertisement -

a mom at the school was talking "d" with me....

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by chkpea, Nov 12, 2010.

1. chkpea

chkpea Approved members

it seems I have a weekly pet peeve about what people say to me about D. Today a mom noticed James' pump and said she had never seen a child with a pump before. She then said it must be so nice that that is it for the day....I said ...well not exactly...and she said well you don't have to do injections - but of course you have to bolus. So, of course I am curious as to why she knows "bolus" and she tells me d is her passion and she is become a d educator. She currently is a nurse. Then she asked me if his sites ever come out and I said yes just the other day he was 25 (450) when he came out of school and his site had completely come out - he is only at school for 2 hours and it must have happened in the second part of his day and she was shocked. I said well it will sky rocket pretty quick with no insulin going in. So I am thinking that she is being educated on D but could it be more type 2? she seems to know about the pump. Anyhow, it's not a big pet peeve and she was well meaning, just hard to explain - I guess it is more the I live and breathe it all the time and she is just coming it at a different perspective. She also asked me if he does his own site changes, um he is 4?? is there a 4 year old out there that does their own site changes? that was a bit odd - to me. I just explained that this is something that he will live with until there is a cure - so I do all that stuff for him until he wants to blah blah blah.

2. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

thats annoying, a site change? at 4? my mom won't do one and she's 43 LOL(no she's not diabetic, I just can't use my arms without her help=)