- advertisement -

8 year old daughter

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Katy, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Katy

Katy New Member

Hello! I'm a mom to Audrey, who was diagnosed 9/10/13 at the age of 7. I had noticed she wasn't acting quite right and decided to check her BG one morning with my mother in law's meter. She was in the 400's so off to the ER we went. We spent 2 1/2 days inpatient at our local childrens hospital (Where I also work as a PICU RN) and having been doing MDI ever since. She was not in DKA and we thankfully avoided a PICU stay. She turned 8 in January and seems to be doing great.

I'm hoping to learn a lot of great information and get support from other parents who are going through the same thing. :)

2. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

Hey Katy. Welcome! Sorry you have to be here but there are a lot of people here with tons of experience, and they are very helpful.

3. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Hi, Katy! Sorry to hear that your little girl has T1D, but glad that you found this Forum. There are so many helpful and supportive people here! Hang in there...