- advertisement -

6 Year Letter

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Tigerlilly's mom, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Every year on Tyler's diaversary I send out an email letter to all those important people in his life. Below is this years rough draft...short and sweet this time. Guess I am running out of stuff to say:p

Six years.,.six years, that's half of Tyler's life. I can't believe that with each day that passes, it will mark time that he has lived longer having diabetes than not. As hard as the last 6 years have been, I am sure that the challenges we face over the next 6 may be even more difficult. A teenager fighting for his independence, dealing with hormones, girls, social issues, school, sports AND diabetes! Now that spells a challenge to me. I just hope that the love and support that Tyler has received over the last 6 years from his family, friends, parents of friends, coaches and teachers has helped put him on the right path to taking care of himself and managing the daily struggles that come with living with diabetes.

Six years later, I am past feeling like I have to educate everyone about Type 1 diabetes and what Tyler has to "endure" everyday. I am past feeling as though I need to convince the world that Tyler can do anything that everyone else can do. I am at the point where I can say "It is what it is" and actually mean it. I have to say it's a good place to be and I am happy to be here. Thank you to all of you for helping ME get here.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  2. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Jen-

Great letter, short and sweet, shows that diabetes is just small piece of Tyler's life. You have done a awesome job at allowing Tyler to be a active, social, healthy boy. You inspire me to do the same with Mann.

-Wanda :)

3. jules12

jules12 Approved members

Awesome letter!!!

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

This is awesome Jen and so are you:) Tyler's life has been full of fun and adventures and of course, great love. Because you have made it that way. That young man is going to go far in life :cwds:

5. ashadams

ashadams Approved members

Great letter - it's an inspiration to me! Thanks for sharing.