- advertisement -

504 Plans and substitute nurses

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by SarahKelly, Oct 17, 2013.

1. SarahKelly

SarahKelly Approved members

Your situations sounds wonderful...in that there are dual nurses that work together consistently. I think the trouble at my sons school is they are trying to get by with as little nursing staff as possible and the subs are of retirement age and don't really understand t1d-vs-t2d nor do they get modern insulin or pumping. I am just going to keep advocating and trying to find ways to get these nurses more positive current training on t1d and in the mean time be availble when a sub is there.

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

It is the perfect situation. Even in middle school we have a full time nurse and a part time. If FT is out, PT goes FT. They consistently use the same sub pool (2 or 3 nurses) who rotate through all the schools and are familiar with most of the kids.
    Does your endo practice offer caregiver training? Ours does and it counts as credits for the nurses.