- advertisement -

504 for SAT's

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Darryl, May 20, 2013.

1. LJM

LJM Approved members

Because we had a 504 in place, the school counselor automatically submitted the proper requests to the College Board. We only got the food/medication permissions. I did not ask for any stop clock time permissions as we have not seen that he has needed them and he does not want to test away from the other kids.

You will receive a letter from the College Board called an eligibility letter. It will have a number on it to use when registering for tests--once you make the request you should be automatically good on all College Board tests including SAT, PSAT, and AP exams. DS has only done the PSAT and AP World History so far.

Good luck. I think you will find the process pretty seamless.

2. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

So if we ask for the stop the clock permission, does that mean she would test in a separate room from the other kids? Or at a separate time?

3. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Stop the clock only works if she is in a room by herself with her own proctor. At least that is how the college board does it. As I said previously, my son decided he didn't like that. He took one AP test in a separate room and all the others with the other students.

4. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

As the others stated you need to go to the College Board. Is she a Freshman now? If so you have to do it right away, because the PSATs come up quickly in the fall. Jenny's school lost her paperwork and send it in late, so she did not have accommodations for those.

But ones your through, she is set. As for the breaks. At Jenny's school the kids with special accommodations are in a separate room. Last week, during Jenny's AP test, she requested to test and treat, that's when they stopped the clock for her. And then that time was added back at the end.

5. LJM

LJM Approved members

That is my understanding and DS simply hates the idea of being singled out in this manner so we have not pursued stop/clock permissions. I would rather he have this permission as well, but he is adamant and this is one where I let him "win."

6. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

At Jenny's school it is in a separate room, which it is the case in most schools I would assume, so nobody gets disturbed. It is at the same time though.

7. 22jules

22jules Approved members

Sorry to resurrect this thread but my daughter is a freshman this year too and I was looking to get the accommodations in place as well for PSAT and AP testing next year.

You stated that you had food/medication allowance--does this mean that your DS had his meter, pump, fast acting sugar out on desk in a room with other kids but no breaks given?

Hopefully this makes sense

Thanks!