- advertisement -

504 accomadation for reg exam testing

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Kaylas mom, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Kayla is currently in the nurses office treating a low.. she has been there since 11:20 and it is just not coming up to where they are comfortable letting her go to class. Anyways.. she is supposed to be taking her AP world history exam.. just a reg test and she is freaking out because she doesn't think the teacher will let her make it up on another day.

I emailed the coordinator because I know she is able to redo tests if she is too high or too low to take.

They have to let her do it another day, don't they?

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Amy, if this is in her 504 she should be all set. Taking the test with a low blood sugar would probably cause her to not do well so the teacher wouldnt get an accurate idea of how well she studied for the test so I would think that the teacher would prefer to have her take the test when she is in range.

Is Kayla coming down with something? It seems to be taking a long time for the nurse to get her bg up:(

3. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

If it is in her 504, then she should be allowed to retake it.

4. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

Do you have it written in her 504 plan that if her BS numbers aren't in range she can re-test? If she doesn't have a 504 plan, I'd like to think they would let her make up the test on a different time/day. But i'm not sure. We have it written in Ashleigh's plan that if she's below 80 or above 250 (i think) she can re-test at another time/date without consequence. there have been a couple times where her sugar has been low or high and she has needed to take the test later in the day or the next day.

5. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Okay, I got an email from the coordinator saying he was sending out a reminder email to all her teachers that she is able to redo any testing when she is out of range.