- advertisement -

5 years and 4 months, to the day

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Nancy in VA, Jul 15, 2012.

1. coni

coni Approved members

I'm so sorry Nancy. Hugs to you and your family. I know you'll control / manage what you can. It's what you can't that I'm sure has you on edge.

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

Nancy, I am so sorry this has happened again. Words fail me, I just hope things go well. Thinking of you.

3. MOM to KELLSE

MOM to KELLSE Approved members

((hugs)) to you and your family...I'm sorry this is happening to your sweet Emma...Thank you for sharing with us...I'll be saying prayers for her and your family.

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I'm sorry this has happened again. I hate diabetes.

5. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I am so sorry Nancy. I hope they figure this out quick if it is the diabetes or not. The Dexcom should help.

6. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Nancy, I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you are having to deal with this on top of everything else.

7. Mom2Will

Mom2Will Approved members

This and chills running up and down my spine. I feel tears swelling up....reality sucks! My fantasy world smashed! I too will begin carrying the glucagon and will go home and re-teach myself and husband how to use it just so we will know how if we need it. We are at 5 years, 3 weeks....

I'm glad you handled it so well, I applaud you and thank you for sharing your experience. I think I needed that wake up call!!

8. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

So sorry you had to experience this again and so glad she is safe.

9. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I'm so glad you're getting the Dexcom. You must feel utterly shaken with the ugly side of this disease. I'm sorry you've experienced this not once but twice now. Is your endo supportive of more testing?

10. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

The Endo is definitely supportive of more testing. We were on the Navigator for 18 months and this is from a practice that was not generally supportive of CGMS. It just really finally stopped working for us. When I called the CDE after the first seizure, her first response was to tell me to get her back on the Nav so we could see what was going on. I'd had to miss her quarterly appt about a month earlier becuase Emma woke up sick, but we went to a lab and got an A1C and it had dropped in the 4 months from 7.6 to 6.9, so there are clearly some lows we aren't seeing.

We've been running a 30% reduced basal since Sat to give Emma's liver a break - and she still woke up this morning at 70. So there is something going on in the early morning that we can't see but its erratic and seems to be causing some major drops, since this one didn't even wake her up when she was low. We just want to figure it out. I left the house today for softball and realized that I was nervous becuase I didn't have her glucagon even though she's been running in the 200s and we were right there - it shouldn't have to be that nerve wracking

11. Lee

Lee Approved members

I honestly don't think it is something you ever get over though. It has been - well - I don't trust Mr. Murphy and his stupid law - so let's just say, I haven't gotten over it yet. It is constantly there - the what if - it just doesn't go away.

12. emm142

emm142 Approved members

So sorry this is happening. I hope that with reduced temp basals and some CGMing, you get to the bottom of it really quickly.