- advertisement -

5 years ago today

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kierbabi09, Dec 14, 2010.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I was diagnosed 5 years ago, on this day.
    It has been a long 5 years, and yet I have come a long way.
    I have to be honest and admit this, but for the past year or so, I have been been burnt out due to diabetes and have not been taking care of myself like I should. However, I am getting back on track, with the help of my very awesome roommate who reminds me via post it notes to check my bg's and won't let me leave for class until I do. I have an appointment on friday with my new "adult" endo, hope that goes well. And hopefully, I will be able to start using my pump again. (Ran out of pump supplies and endo wouldn't order me ones, because I hadn't been in to see him in a while due to being a way at schoool.)
    I have come a long way in the past 5 years, with starting out on pills instead of insulin, to being on just lantus, to humalog and lantus, and finally being on my very amazing pump.
    So, thanks to everyone here at CWD, both teens and parents alike, you have all helped me so much the last couple of years :)

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Kiersten, Im sure your family is so proud of you:cwds: You have come a long way in 5 years. I cant say I know what its like to have diabetes but I imagine its easy to become burned out with all the chores of caring for d 24/7. Im happy to hear that you are getting back on track and that you have such a good friend who cares about you and wants you to be healthy and happy. Many blessings for the new year and always:cwds: