- advertisement -

5 year diabetes anniversary

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Nancy in VA, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Tomorrow night is our 5 year diaversary. We went to the zoo that day and the emergency room that night and Emma was diagnosed with diabetes. That year, it was a Wed night as well. It seems surreal that its been so long - I had a barely 2 year old at the time and now I have a precocious, mouthy, fiercely independent 7 year old - where has the time gone!

Here she was at diagnosis:
    [​IMG]

Here she is when she was at the mall waiting to visit with Santa at Christmas time - not a great photo but I'm on a temporary computer and don't have any current photos
    [​IMG]

2. Katie'sMom

Katie'sMom Approved members

Always a bittersweet day...my dd is also 7 and diagnosed at 2. What a beautiful little girl you have!

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Oh Nancy! Is she a beautiful little girl or what!?!?!:) And she looks so happy and healthy in the pic when she is waiting to see Santa. You have done an amazing job with that little girl. I see her going places in the future:cwds:

4. Turtle1605

Turtle1605 Approved members

What a beautiful girl! I can tell she's someone very special...it's written all over that precious smile!

5. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Wow, she's grown so much!

6. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

Five years, *sigh*
    Isn't she just gorgeous?!?! The best to her, always!