- advertisement -

3yr old with t1d in NJ

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MommaC, Aug 23, 2013.

1. MommaC

MommaC New Member

Hi, Christina here my son was diagnosed may 13th 2013. I now decided to join a forum to help us get thru some of the issues we've been having.

Our son james was on pens when first diagnosed. And now on Medtronic pump. While it is better for us than the daily shots it does have its "quirks".

I'm hoping to connect with other t1d families in Nj, maybe get together and share some insight. If not just to be able o chat with people who understand what we are faced with. Hope to hear back!

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Hi, and welcome.:cwds:

I know that their are families here who live in NJ and NY - I'm sure you will find them as you get to know your way around.

Your endo might also run a support group, or your local JDRF or ADA as well.

Lots of helpful folks here, if you have any specific issues don't hesitate to join in the conversation. ;)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  3. KylorsMom

KylorsMom Approved members

Hi MamaC :)

I'm not in NJ but we have a three year old son who was dx'ed on March 17 2013, So I am right there with you :) We just started pumping with a ping about a month ago. Feel free to hit me up anytime to vent. We found a great diabetes support group in our area and I love it, but everyone in the group has kids in grade school or older. Have a little guy with t1 come with a whole world of particular challenges. I don't really have a whole lot of answers but I know where you are coming from.
    Something that has actually helped my little guy a lot, since we don't know any younger t1's is watching a little boy named Henry on you tube. He is around 3/4 and his parents have posted little videos with him checking his bg and getting his site changed. Kylor calls him his "diabetes friend Henry" and loves to watch the videos. I just search "Henry type 1 diabetes"to find it