- advertisement -

3am site change but not for what you would think

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Kaylas mom, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Kayla got up to use the restroom and went to put her pump from her pants to her shirt and realized it wasn't on her pants. She felt her site and realized she wasn't connected and thought she must have disconnected somehow while she was sleeping. So she went back to bed to reconnect and check her bg. Her pump and tubing were laying on her bed and there was no site connected to her tubing. She came in and woke me up and the tubing came right out of her site. You can see the glue on it that was supposed to be holding it in. :eek:

We have never had that happen before, has anyone else? She was due for a site change after her shower this am so it came a few hours early.

2. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

i've never heard of that happening before! Did you call medtronic and let them know about it?

3. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

This has happened here once before. The pump was loose and the tube wrapped around as she rolled over. It was probably the tug that woke her up. You will know if she isn't high with ketones (which I hope she wasn't). :) Only happened the once - she tends to tuck the pump in now - but not always.