- advertisement -

3 site changes in two days ?! suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sbsmith1804, Nov 30, 2010.

1. sbsmith1804

sbsmith1804 Approved members

We have replaced ds site 3 times in the past two days (twice in one day) due to the sticky part not sticking!!! What's the deal? What can we do? Supplies aren't cheap and ds is very active with basketball this time of year!
    Any suggestions would be helpful... been pumping three weeks!

2. timnshann

timnshann Approved members

Have you tried IV prep on the skin before putting the site on?

3. sbsmith1804

sbsmith1804 Approved members

No ... what is it and where do I find it? Thanks!

4. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

How about IV3000? It works for my insane 5 year old. I get it through Animas with the pump supplies. I also get unisolve to get it off.

5. willie's mom

willie's mom Approved members

What type of insets are you using? We could not get Sure-T to stick no matter what--short of trying hot glue. We moved to Mios and they stick without anything extra.

6. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

Ditto! We use the IV Prep. Just wipe it on and wait a couple of minutes for it to dry to a "tacky" area.

Of course, last night, DD did 3 site changes within 30 minutes. The first one filled up with blood, the second just "didn't feel right" and finally got a good one.

7. cindyrn6617

cindyrn6617 Approved members

We use the IV prep and IV 3000 frames, then we use Hypafix to cover the inset after it's in...we just cut a small heart in the middle so we can disconnect easily. We order Hypafix from Amazon in 4 in x 10 yds for less than $20. The hypafix has worked through marching band, this summer's heat and now wrestling!

8. 22jules

22jules Approved members

Along with iv prep-which you can get directly from medtronic, we use skin tac which has more "stick" to it. It seems to be necessary since my daughter is extremely active with soccer.

You can get skin tac from medtronic as well--call the help line and ask for their sample adhesive pack--it also has mastisol which is so good (really cement-like and we need to use the remover detachol to take off). We use mastisol in the summer if we are planning a beach week where she will be in the water for hours.

You can also get a free sample of skin tac from www.torbot.com.

HTH