- advertisement -

3 AM BS check saved MY life!!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by iluvmhp, May 28, 2010.

1. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

Some of you know I had a huge huge scare last month. My heart stopped and I was in Intensive Care for awhile. My husband did CPR until help arrived. I was revived at home, then over the next few hours my heart stopped several more times. I was defibbed at least 5 times and had a total of at least 12 minutes of chest compressions..... well a lot of prayer and wonderful medical attention saved me. I am fine now....have my new "bossom buddy" - an implanted defibulator - as a back up.

The ironic thing with all of this is that it was the alarm clock that woke me to test my daughter at 3:00 am, also played a huge role in me being here today. Had I not gotten up to test her, the drs. said I would have NEVER awaken.

So.....3 am blood sugar tests saved my life!! I collapsed at 3:20!!!!

I just thought I would share!

2. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

Susan, I for one am so glad you didn't hit the snooze button. :D Welcome back. :cwds:

3. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

I'm so used to Facebook I looked for a LIKE button to click. So glad that you are better now.

Those 3AM checks will probably cause you to smile from now on.

4. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Wow.. I am so thankful you got up!

5. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

Susan, I have to say, when I got a txt that something had happened to you and they didn't know if you were going to make it, my heart broke. It broke for your lovely dh and your kids and for all of us who met you and want to meet you again. :) I am so glad that you are ok. And that I will get to see you again. :)

6. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I'm so glad that your dh knew what to do and that so many things conspired to keep you here where you belong :cwds:

How are you feeling now??

7. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I'm so glad you are with us here today! How scary for everyone involved.. and Thanks to the alarm clock and maybe this one time, thanks to diabetes, because if it weren't for that, it would have been much different (I think it'll be the one and ONLY time I am ever thankful for diabetes..) and so glad your husband new what to do.. your story gives me the chills because so many things had to have happened for you to be here.

8. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Thank goodness you got up. So glad you are okay!

9. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

You are blessed with an angel on your shoulder:)

10. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

That is quite a remarkable story! So glad to hear your health is better. I'm sure a situation like that makes you appreciate everything in your life so much more. Take good care of yourself!

11. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

So glad things worked out the way they did.. You will never look at the 3 AM check the same anymore! Glad that you fought and are here today with your family..

12. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

Just confirms my belief that everything happens for a reason and there is no such thing as coincidence. You were truly blessed that night as I am sure you know. Glad to see you posting here and hope you are doing well!

13. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Thank you Hubby, for doing the CPR

14. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Who would have ever thought we would say "I am thankful for diabetes?"

I am so glad your husband knows CPR and that you are here today to share your story.:cwds:

15. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

Wow Susan, I had no idea that this happened to you. What a miracle! Thank God your guardian angel was watching over you (and your hubby did CPR..reminds me I need to brush up on that!).

16. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

Susan, I am so glad you did that 3 am check and that your hubby knew what to do!!! :)

17. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

Thank you!!! There were SO many things that happened that were just absolute miracles that night/day. My cardiologist said he prayed over a patient for the first time in 14 years....he started to pray and I went from no blood pressure to a bp of 180...he said the whole cath lab was in total awe of what they witnessed.

My hubby is my hero too.

Thank you all. I NEVER would have imagined something like that would happen to me (I guess I have a rare condition that causes spasms that can collapse the coronary artery)....and I certainly never thought I would thank the Lord I had to get up and check my sweet girls' blood sugar in the middle of the night!!!

So nice to be here!

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  18. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Susan this is the first I read of this. I am so happy that you got up and that your hubby knew what to do. Stick with this guy. So glad things turned out the way they did.

19. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

Love this story!!!! So glad you are with us!!!! You are a walking talking miracle!!!

20. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

Wow, Susan! I am SO glad you are ok. and you have experienced a miracle indeed!