- advertisement -

2 years ago today

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Tena, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Tena

Tena Approved members

Em was dx'd. Wow! Some days it seems as though that were forever ago and some days like it was yesterday.

I am having mixed emotions today. I am ever so thankful that 2 years have passed with no real emergencies or hospital stays, and yet I am so ready for a cure. I am so tired.

I am really trying hard not to be depressed about it all, but I guess some days are just that way. I don't have to take shots or change sites or count my carbs, etc. BUT, I have to WATCH my sweet girl do it everyday with nary a complaint. She is still my greatest hero!

2. LJM

LJM Approved members

Hugs to you. We just passed one year and I hear you about the tiredness and worry. Keep up the good work and be proud of your lovely daughter.

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Hi Tena, I hear you sister. You and every Mom of a child with diabetes is my sister. I understand your tiredness, I just want to take a day off from diabetes then I say to myself " How dare you Becky, you must never complain Steven hasnt had a day off in 4 1/2 years from diabetes and he never complains" We are all on the same road, the one that leads to a cure. We will travel it together until we get to our destination. Until then we will continue to support each other and build each other up to face the next day. God Bless you and yours:)

4. hrtmom3

hrtmom3 Approved members

((HUGS)) Tena. I hope you and Em were able to do something special today,
    to reward yourselves for a job well done over the last two years.