- advertisement -

2 pods left...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ChocolateLover, Aug 21, 2013.

1. ChocolateLover

ChocolateLover Approved members

We are still on the old pods. No longer interested in telling that story.

We have 2 pods left and have been calling since Friday. We have had 2 occlusions since Friday.

:mad:

Do I just go to ER? Beyond rational thought we have been pumping for so long.

The **one time** I got through to a human (customer care not re-order department) she said call back in an hour and I was on hold for 30 minutes and left voice mail.

Anxiety. Exhausted. Love the product. Hate the service.

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Just like any pump "fail" you need some long acting and syringes. Don't think this would be any easier to obtain at the ER than at the pharmacy. Maybe you can still get the prescriptions called in today just in case you need it first thing in the morning - though with two that should make a few days, right?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  3. Lizzy731

Lizzy731 Approved members

Oh that is awful and unacceptable! I have been on hold with Insulet twice in the past 2 weeks and the longest hold was 45 min and this was just to report failures. What is happening when you get through? What is the excuse and/or rational for not getting you the new PDM and new or old pods for that matter? You are clearly in need!! And I agree with PP that you must think ahead and speak to your endo about getting long acting insulin and the correct dosage.

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

ER can't get you supplies. What is your backup system for pump failure? We have syringes with Lantus and fast acting. Call your endo for prescriptions if you don't have syringes or long action insulin.

5. ChocolateLover

Finally got through

Husband got through and put me on.

I did have syringes just no long acting. He has been on pump for 5 years and we just did major interstate move.

They said they will call me in morning to say what my action plan is. They have already been working insurance to get new pods...just never bothered to call me on this. :eek:

Feel much better with response...first week of school adding to stress levels but school nurses here are awesome!!!

6. caspi

caspi Approved members

I'm assuming you're out of warranty? If your insurance allows it, you might want to try going through a different medical supply company. We were out of warranty and went through Liberty Medical and had the new PDM and pods within a week.

7. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

Have you tried calling at off times. I always call around 9 or 10 PM eastern time and I never wait longer than 10 minutes.

8. swellman

swellman Approved members

I would get a Rx for Lantus ASAP.

9. caspi

caspi Approved members

I agree -- that's something we should all have on hand in case of pump failure.

10. ChocolateLover

Calling Dr today

Calling Dr today for Lantus script. Calling endo for his best guess on Lantus...it has been 5 years. His Lantus was on low side for his weight at time. When he was honeymooning he only took 1.5 units of Lantus.

Thank you for re-focusing me. :)

11. swellman

swellman Approved members

Look at your PDM and see what the TDD of basal is. I would consider starting there or a little less to start off. Remember that Lantus has a spike where lows can occur. You might have to feed the insulin before you find the right dose. You might want to split the dose in half and do 2X per day.