- advertisement -

2 Kiwi Pumpers

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by kiwikid, Feb 10, 2008.

1. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

I can't resist! Here's Rachel and Ivan on the banks of the Tongariro River. Fran drove 5 hrs south and I drove 2.5 hrs east and we met in Turangi for a get together. It was so cool. The kids had a ball and got on so well. Fran and I lazed around and talked and ate, and if we ran out of things to talk about there was always D
    I hope we'll do it again and next time open the invitation to you all.
    And in the lake, and in the spa pool with Myles. It was a pretty watery few days :D but no lost pump sites!
    Sorry Scanned pics so not very good - Fran might be able to download them better????
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  2. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

The pictures are GREAT Jane. Thanks for sharing. Looks like the children really enjoyed themselves too. Did you meet through this forum?

3. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

We sure did Ellen, it was a 'blind date' sort of thing :p
    Lake Taupo was a great place to meet, just about the centre of the North Island and so much to do.
    CWD is so cool :cool:

4. Scotty

Scotty Approved members

Great pics. Pleased you had a good time, and your right about it being a great place to meet.

5. Ivan's Mum

Ivan's Mum Approved members

glad you didn't post the picky with us in it!

6. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

That one is coming next - I'm just cropping myself out of it first :p

How far from Turangi for you Dianna? My boy is 14, and the Lake Snake the kids are playing with should be great fun for teenage boys, towed behind the boat!

7. Scotty

Scotty Approved members

Turangi is about 2.5-3 hours away for us I think. We dont often go that way as we usually go to Taupo via Napier. The Lake Snake sounds like it would be something my boys would love.

I'm still waiting for the picture of you both!!

8. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

OH Gosh - right Dianna, here it is! Try to look at the view not the people okay? (sorry Fran - but anyway, you look much better than me :()
    [​IMG]

9. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

Wonderful photos ladies! It looks like the kids had fun.
    WOW, what a VIEW!!!!:eek:
    I'm so jealous and would LOVE to visit!

10. MelStan

MelStan Member

Yes, great pics alright! It looks like you all had so much fun, wish I could've been there! (but I would make darn sure you didn't get any of me
    :D)
    Thanks for posting them Jane :)

Mel - mum of Eilish, 10, dx'd at 3. Pumping/Cozmo
    Ella - 6

11. Ivan's Mum

okay jane, you are SO off my christmas card list for that. Talk about a bad hair day.

12. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Can we still come and stay though, and meet all the Auckland CWD'ers :confused:

13. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

So cool to know you guys had a good time. And the photos are neat too!
    Taupo is gorgeous. We used to always stop there for a break when driving from Bulls to Hamilton to see my parents. Lots of great places to eat!!

14. Scotty

Scotty Approved members

Great picture of you all.:) Looks like you had heaps of fun. Thanks for posting them.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  15. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

Oh these are GREAT!!! Thanks so much for posting them...and WOW that is one incredible view...how beautiful!!! The kids looked like they had a blast :). Keep them coming!!!

16. DylansMum

DylansMum Approved members

Hey guys,
    My parents live in Turangi!!!, actually I lived there from 79 - 88, did all my highschool there, and now my 15 1/2 yr old goes to my old highschool.
    We moved her from Auckland to Turangi to do her schooling, as the school she was at in Auckland, she got mixed up in the wrong crowd and went haywire, now she is loving it down there.
    We were down there Auckland Anniversary weekend, it took us about 3 1/2 hours from South Auckland without stopping of course.
    Love the lake pics...

Kim

17. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Maybe we should plan a get together sometime? Turangi is very central and the accomodation was very cheap.

18. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

Hey Jane

Awesome idea! We can get accomodation no probs!

19. Scotty

Scotty Approved members

Hi Jane
    Great idea. Cheap accomodation is also a bonus too.

20. Ivan's Mum

okay, but the christmas cards are out, I just have to make a stand here - that is NOT my best shot.

Kim, it took me SOOOO long to get there as I went the wrong way and went all around the lake and up the other side, we stopped sooo many times because of small kids and on the way home I thought I was going to run out of petrol before I got to some tiny little town with one petrol station. I think they need to put up signs saying next petrol stop is 45 mins away. Crikey I was going into stress mode, the light was flashing and we shuddered in. I thought I could phone the AA if worst came to worst and then I thought.... I have no idea where I am!

I think a meeting up would be a great idea, might need to take tents thou! We can shove all the kids out in them. It would be like a CWD camp! the hot pools in Taupo were great too so there's loads to do.