- advertisement -

16 Days After IKE

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Tena, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Tena

Tena Approved members

We just got our power back on!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy! Have I missed CWD!!!! We made it through with only 1 tree down on our back fence and lots of tree debris. But no power for 16 days. We had our generator hooked up to the frig for Emily's insulin but only ran it at night. So I would freeze ice packs through the night and put them with the insulin through the day. Thank God we are now able to get back to normal.

2. KelliTwins

KelliTwins Approved members

Congratulations! Wow, 16 days! I don't know how you did it. I hope things get back to normal for you now!:)

3. czardoust

czardoust Approved members

welcome back to the land of the living! :D WTG on the energy conservation and generator thing. Im glad ya'll are ok.

4. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Yikes! I'm glad you didn't have much damage. But 16 days is a long time!!

5. Tena

Tena Approved members

16 days was toooo long. It was really starting to get to us. Especially Emily. She and I were really tied to the house because we couldn't leave the generator for fear of it getting stolen. You should have seen her "happy dance" when the power came on this afternoon.

6. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Welcome Back/Home ;)

7. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Glad to see you back and not too much the worse for wear.

I'm not ashamed to say that I would NEVER last 16 days without power. I am stir crazy after 3 hours and when we have to go overnight, well, I can't tell you how evil I get.

8. Tena

Tena Approved members

We were really getting stir crazy around here. 16 days is way too long. We had a generator but only ran it at night. The Lord was good to us and sent us a cold front right after the storm. I think all in all between the two fronts there was only 4 days that the temp was above 90 during the day and above 70 at night, so we really were blessed. But Oh! Normal is sooo wonderful!!LOL:D