- advertisement -

14 year old needs to be adopted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ellen, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051109/NEWS01/511090332/1001/NEWS

Wednesday's Child

Her beautiful picture is here...I can't get it to show on the page.
    http://vh10503.moc.gbahn.net/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=G0&Date=20051109&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=511090332&Ref=AR&Profile=1001&maxW=280&noborder=1&Q=70
    Edition Date: 11-09-2005

Meet Diestri, 14
    "My favorite classes in school are science, Spanish, art and reading," Diestri says. "My least favorite classes are math and geography. When I finish my homework, I like to go to a friend's house or just somewhere to hang out.

"I want to be adopted in a family where I am the middle or only child. I don't want too much responsibility, but I don't want to be bossed around, either. The qualities I value most in a parent are being caring, active and responsible, and having fair discipline. I think children should live in a family with no violence, drugs or alcohol. When kids break the rules, parents should use grounding and extra chores as a consequence. I would prefer a family that lives in Southwest Idaho or one that will support contact with my two half-brothers and my stepfamily. They are very important to me."
    "Some of the things I might like to do in the future are ride horses, play the guitar and try gymnastics. I would also like to have a pet: a cat, dog, iguana, snake or something like that."

Diestri is working on independent living skills, including consistently testing her blood sugar levels and administering daily insulin for treatment of Type I juvenile diabetes. She will need a dependable parent who monitors and rewards reliability.
    Diestri and her adoption team will be looking for a single parent or couple who lead by example and rise to life's challenges with determination. She wants a strong parent who is more concerned about giving patient love than receiving it. To find out more about Diestri, provide this reference number: 30173.

Call Idaho CareLine at (800) 926-2588 or in Idaho, dial 2-1-1.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005