- advertisement -

13 mo old diagnosed recently

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Team Cailin, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Team Cailin

Team Cailin Approved members

Hello, we have a little girl that is 13 months old and we are super glad we have found this website. Currently we are three weeks into this and it has been crazy!! Scariest moment so far is seeing her numbers go from 677 to 218 to 48 all in three hours...

To everyone on here thank you for helping and being supportive of the TD1 community keeping everyone in a positive mindset.

2. susanlindstrom16

susanlindstrom16 Approved members

So sorry about your little girl's dx! This is a great site, lot of awesome, supportive parents. My own daughter was 4 when she was diagnosed but I know there are people on this site who have had toddlers your little girls age when they were first diagnosed. I'm sure they will chime in. From what i understand there can be a lot of fluctuation because they are very sensitive to both carbs and insulin.
    Welcome!!

3. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

What a cute kid!

4. namegirl

namegirl Approved members

Welcome! My son was diagnosed at 20 months. It's a bumpy ride having a toddler with diabetes, but you'll all be fine. I see from your sig that you're getting a pump and a Dexcom--good for you! We got a pump right away at diagnosis and it was great. That was 4 years ago. We just recently got a Dexcom and I don't know how we lived without it.

5. nebby3

nebby3 Approved members

It always sounds weird saying it but welcome. My dd was 19 months and that was tough enough ; I can't imagine 13 mos. but it's great you are getting the technology early. That will really help with a little one. One good thing about being dx so young is it's all they know and they adjust quickly.

6. Team Cailin

Team Cailin Approved members

Thank you for the great welcoming messages. We have been adapting pretty well, but we do have our moments that cause us to work shifts since her levels are all over. I'm really glad we found this site. Reading everyones stories gives us more confidence everyday. Right now we are still waiting for the military to tell us where we are heading next...hotel living is getting old :)