- advertisement -

10 years

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

10 years, 43,800 BG tests later and what a long strange trip it has been. The good days outnumber the bad and diabetes hasn't slowed Abby down and that's all that matters.

Can't believe I've been on this forum for 10 years!

2. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

and thank you for all of the advice you have provided to me directly and indirectly by sharing you experiences!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  3. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

It's a cliché, but the time does fly by. I know a little while ago, I realized that DD had lived longer with diabetes than she had without. And I too appreciate your participation in this forum!

4. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Happy Diaversary, Abby! And to you, too, Mom!

There should be specific, special gifts for the BIG Diaversaries (1, 5, 10, 25, etc.) just like there are for wedding anniversaries. And we should celebrate our child's Golden Diaversary (the year Diaversary that matches the date they were diagnosed; e.g. my daughter was dx'd 01/24/2014, so her Golden Diaversary will be her 24th) with a gift that is 24-karat.

We don't celebrate that my daughter has T1D, we celebrate the fact that we've kicked D's butt (or at least gave it quite a run for the money) for [another] year!

5. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

We just had our one year and more than one person asked why we were celebrating the anniversary - this was my exact answer!

So to you, Beach bum, and your awesome Abby, congrats on kicking D's butt for a decade!

6. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

Ten years! We're hanging out at nine here. Sometimes I feel like I have learned everything there is to know and others I feel like I'm woefully behind. :p

Kudos to both you and Abby for how far you've come!

7. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Thanks all. We celebrated with pancakes at the local maple barn, then seeing Jurrasic Park with friends tonight. She likes to say it is the one day she doesn't have to share anything with her twin!

8. susanlindstrom16

susanlindstrom16 Approved members

Glad you guys had a good day! Thanks for hanging around the forum and sharing valuable insights with those of us on various stages of the journey :)

9. wilf

wilf Approved members

Well done - both in kicking the D's butt for 10 years, and for celebrating the day. We're closing on the 9-year mark this summer.. :cwds: