advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omnipod users...read...IMPORTANT!

Exclamation Omnipod users...read...IMPORTANT!

I changed Bethany's site on Friday and went to give her a bolus about 2 hours later and the PDM beeped and displayed "PDM error...call customer service". So while freaking out that my PDM went bad, I called them and only had to reset it (unfortunately I had to change her site again because the PDM was no longer communicating with the one she was wearing).

Here's the punchline: I didn't know that my hubby had the microwave on at the time I was administering the bolus. The microwave was about 3-4 feet away. The customer service guy said that this is what most likely interfered with the insulin delivery.

So a word to the wise....don't have the microwave on while administering a bolus!

Elizabeth.
    Mother to:
    Bethany (born 8/7/04, dx T1 3/07, pumping with Omnipod since 6/07 & Guardian CGM since 4/08. Dexcom G4 start 7/2013) &
    Andrew (born 9/8/06, non-d).
    Wife to Steven since 10/2000

Thanks for the heads up.I guess you would have to be within the 3-4 ft range right? Have you ever tried to draw the insulin back out of the pod? We have done this a few times.Are they going to replaced the pod?
    Joey
    dad of Jesse age 15
    dx'd, March,15,2006
    Omnipoding

Oh my, that must have been scary.

Did you ask him or he volunteer if anything else would interfere with the PDM communication?

thanks for the heads up, i emailed this to my mom who uses the omnipod.
    Carolyn, age 41, Mom to:
    Katerina 10 yrs old dx'ed T1 @ age 3,on 9/10/04, Lantus and Novolog MDI
    Austin age 12, non-D
    Kaitlyn age 15, non-D, dx'ed asthma age 2 yrs
    Amanda age 18, non-D, dx'ed VWD, Type 2A 6/09
    Daughter to Linda, age 61, dx'ed T1 @ age 10, 1959
    Katerina at "Camp A1c at Cha-La-Kee 2010"

Thanks for letting us all know. That's something I would have never thought of.

Thanks!! That is good to know.
    Becky,
    Mom to Mason, 7 Dexcom, Omnipod.

Static electricity will also de-activate a pod. Be wary of slides when the pod is on your childs bottom.
    Dawnsmom

Mom to Dawn - age 12- DXD March 2006 - Omnipodding since February 2007
    and Nicholas -age 15 - non-D
    www.youtube.com/cooper3678
    Hope is in a Cure

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsmom View Post
    Static electricity will also de-activate a pod. Be wary of slides when the pod is on your childs bottom.
    This has me thinking - we were at a playground once and all of a sudden Cooper's pod started alarming - it has only happened once and now I'm thinking it was static electricity! I never would have connected that - and I was wondering what the heck happened!
    Nicky, mom to Cooper (9yrs - dx'd 11-06, Guardian Real Time CGM 4-07, Omnipod 8-07 ), Tucker (8yrs) & Teagan (5yrs)

Your welcome to all...

I forgot to ask them if they would replace the pod. But since we have been changing her every 3 days instead of 2, we have many extra pods. And, I have tried to draw the insulin from the pod before...but we do also have extra insulin for the same reason.

Elizabeth.
    Mother to:
    Bethany (born 8/7/04, dx T1 3/07, pumping with Omnipod since 6/07 & Guardian CGM since 4/08. Dexcom G4 start 7/2013) &
    Andrew (born 9/8/06, non-d).
    Wife to Steven since 10/2000

10. Default omnipod software

Does anyone have information on the new software omnipod is putting out in
    june? They show a picture of the new PDM but no actual information on what the changes are.