advertisement

Thread: Omnipod untethered 🤔

Default Omnipod untethered 🤔

Does anyone use their omnipod but take Lantus for basal? My daughter wants to try and see if it works better for her.🤔
    Deb mom to Grace age 12 T1 dxd 10/30/08
    Pumping Medtronic Minimed since 5/19/09
    Beau 18 HLHS, pacemaker

Quote Originally Posted by mamamccoy87 View Post
    Does anyone use their omnipod but take Lantus for basal? My daughter wants to try and see if it works better for her.🤔
    Not sure about the Omnipod but with other pumps I know people use a combo pump and basal shot, typically the basal given is a small amount of the basal given by the pump. It helps to cover degradation of the site or a clog etc. So I have not done but when I looked at it we (my endo and I) looked at the lowest basal amount I had over the 24 hours and took that as my shot amount and then reduced my pump basal by that amount. I never used it but that was our approach. Further clarification, the lowest per hour basal amount I used was at the time something like .35 of a unit so we went a bit lower than that, .25 and figured out what to give in Lantus for a 24 hour dose of that hourly level. It was really a plan designed to cover clogs and degrading sites. I would really really work with my Endo on this It is tricky. Good luck.

My son uses a Medtronic pump, but we do Lantus for about 50% of his basal (while keeping him connected to his pump all the time). It works very well for him!
    Caroline

K, 2008, dx 2010-12-02 - transitioning from MM Revel to MM Veo with Dexcom G4
    E, 2010
    W, 2013

when we were on the POD, we did 70% from Lantus and only 30% from pump basal. we loved it because we had such a hard POD start, and it really helped when we got a pod alarm and were not ready or able to change pod right then and there.
    McKenna DX 1/3/06 @ 13 months^11 YRS
    Pumping @ 18 months & Dexcoming @ 4.5 yrs
    PINGing - Tethered with Lantus
    Madison DX 3/17/14 @ 5yrs thru Trial Net^7YRS
    Started with Dexcom and now Pinging

impaired glucose at 2hr mark
    8/12 BG 166^4/13 BG 205^6/13 BG 143^3/14 BG 216
    faith trust and pixie dust