advertisement

Thread: Temp Issue with Meter

Default Temp Issue with Meter

My husband had a nerve wracking experience yesterday. My husband was in the middle of treating my son's low BG at baseball practice and his meter would not work. It kept giving a message that the temperature was too low but it was ~50 degrees. I called the company today and they were useless!! We are also a family that skis so just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for testing outside in the cold?

Also any suggestions to deal with testing on shrivled fingers while at the pool would be greatly appreciate as well!

Quote Originally Posted by GRae&JsMom View Post
    My husband had a nerve wracking experience yesterday. My husband was in the middle of treating my son's low BG at baseball practice and his meter would not work. It kept giving a message that the temperature was too low but it was ~50 degrees. I called the company today and they were useless!! We are also a family that skis so just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for testing outside in the cold?

Also any suggestions to deal with testing on shrivled fingers while at the pool would be greatly appreciate as well!
    WE have warmed meters in armpits and anywhere else warm skin can be found!

Testing in the cold is dicey - better to treat how your child feels, and then test when taking a break at a chalet. If you must test outside then you make sure the meter has been kept in an inside the parka pocket the whole time beforehand..

Proud Dad of Amy (19), diagnosed Aug. 2006 and getting MDI of Apidra, Regular and Lantus..
    and Sylvie (15); very happy husband of Shirla!