advertisement

Thread: spotted glucose tabs

Default spotted glucose tabs

last month Ashleigh went low at her endocrinologist appointment, they gave her grape flavored glucose tabs from walgreens. But we had low supplies with us, so she didn't open it until a couple days ago. When she opened them she noticed they had brown spots on them. We've never had walgreen glucose tabs. Are they supposed to look like this? or should we not chance it and toss them? I told her not to use them until we find out for sure. They all have spots, though some tabs have darker spots.The ones toward the bottom are lighter spotted

glucosetabs_zpsocvo47g7.jpg
    Chris mom to 4 daughters
    Ashleigh diagnosed Type 1 diabetes 3/23/10
    MDI-Tresiba and Novolog
    Dexcom g4 CGM
    Most recent A1C 6.0%

Quote Originally Posted by mom24grlz View Post
    last month Ashleigh went low at her endocrinologist appointment, they gave her grape flavored glucose tabs from walgreens. But we had low supplies with us, so she didn't open it until a couple days ago. When she opened them she noticed they had brown spots on them. We've never had walgreen glucose tabs. Are they supposed to look like this? or should we not chance it and toss them? I told her not to use them until we find out for sure. They all have spots, though some tabs have darker spots.The ones toward the bottom are lighter spotted

glucosetabs_zpsocvo47g7.jpg
    I think the spots mean air somehow got into the container. Was the container sealed in packaging when you got it?

Proud Dad of Amy (19), diagnosed Aug. 2006 and getting MDI of Apidra, Regular and Lantus..
    and Sylvie (15); very happy husband of Shirla!

yeah some other people suggested moisture or air got to it. I can't remember if it was sealed. I'll have to ask Ashleigh. She opened them on Sunday when she was out with her boyfriend.
    Chris mom to 4 daughters
    Ashleigh diagnosed Type 1 diabetes 3/23/10
    MDI-Tresiba and Novolog
    Dexcom g4 CGM
    Most recent A1C 6.0%