advertisement

Thread: g5 and Android

Default g5 and Android

Hi, all, sorry if this is posted somewhere on these forums, did a search and couldn't find anything. So please direct me to the right place if this has been or is being discussed.

Do we know when Dexcom will release the app for G5 for sharing for Android? Can't find any info about it online. We recently entered the 21st century and got new android smartphones for everyone in the family, anticipating that Dexcom would release the G5 app soon. I looked at getting "nightscout" (I think that's what it's called), but that looks to be way beyond my technological expertise. I see that it has been released in Europe, are we just waiting for FDA approval?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff Feuer
    Father of Aaron.
    Jeff
    Married to Gloria for 33 years. Proud Father of Aaron, 17, dx'd at 11 months, pumping since age 4.
    Also, the proud Father of Matt (30) Jessica (28) and Emily (15). And also the "Father" of Jack the
    Boston Terrier, born on February 20, 2014.

Hi Jeff, have you called Dexcom? They are really usually very helpful. We've been Mac people since the beginning of time so I don't know, but they will. Good luck!
    Sarah
    Mom to DD now 19, dx @4
    Cozmo @6
    Minimed @13
    t:Slim @17
    G4 @ 15

"Happy Birthday, Dr. Banting! Now... let's eat cake! Because of you, we CAN!" - MCS

Yes, Dexcom is planning this. It's filed with the FDA since last year, so hopefully sooner rather than later as to G5 and Android app compatibility.
    Michael
    A 38-year-old Type 1, diagnosed at age 5 in 1984
    Diabetes Advocate, Writer and Managing Editor at DiabetesMine.

In fact, Dexcom just called me back a short while ago. They said they're waiting on the FDA still.
    Jeff
    Married to Gloria for 33 years. Proud Father of Aaron, 17, dx'd at 11 months, pumping since age 4.
    Also, the proud Father of Matt (30) Jessica (28) and Emily (15). And also the "Father" of Jack the
    Boston Terrier, born on February 20, 2014.