advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Paper logbook

  1. #11

    Default

    We don't use a log book like you showed and never did. At first we weren't consistently recording but it was really hard to go back and forth between me and my husband doing things for her during the day. Now we keep a spiral notebook on the kitchen counter. We write down the meals as we are measuring and calculating carbs and the BG and timing of her meds. It makes it easier for us to see what she needs at any given moment plus helps when I'm going back to look a trends ( a little). It would help tons more if I had the CGM tracing side by side to see how she responded to the food/insulin but I don't have that. We don't have a pump though so no way to go back and see when/what insulin given if we didn't write it down
    DD6 Type 1 diagnosed 11/25/13 at 3y 2m, celiac 3/15
    MDI on humalog/lantus and sometimes regular
    DD9-nonD

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Rural South East Wisconsin.
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    We don't use a log book like you showed and never did. At first we weren't consistently recording but it was really hard to go back and forth between me and my husband doing things for her during the day. Now we keep a spiral notebook on the kitchen counter.
    We record everything but we do it on electronic logs. Right now we use MyNetDiary diabetes option (about $60/yr), but we may switch to Glooko (also $60/yr). We have everything on our log:
    - food to the gram for each item (we use rthe online database of course)
    - BG
    - exercise
    - insulin
    - other stuff as needed such as medication

    Glooko will also integrate with your CGM and pump, and give you all data on a single platform.

    To us, getting access to the data is 100x easier if we can run it electronically, for all members of the family. I can also look up what is happening at school at any time - it makes a huge difference.

  3. #13

    Default

    Thank you everyone
    5-year-old son
    Dx at age 2
    Pumping with Animas Ping

  4. #14

    Default

    My endo uses Diasend. I don't like to print out or look at it. I still log my numbers, I've been doing that since I took over my control at age 9. I have a spread sheet with columns for the date, time, Dexcom (when I use it) T:Slim CGM, Next meter and insulin amount, and notes. The notes can be from what I've eaten, if I'm sick, to a site change, new sensor, bad sensor, bad site, anything. I like doing this even though the pump does contain all the information. I do it because the Dexcom and CGM on my pump can be up to 80+/-% off from my meter. My endo knows this, as does my husband yet both of them want me to wear it. So to keep peace I wear it. I think it's a waste of time and money because I'm testing just as much when I wear the CGM as without. And I can tell when I'm low or high, except for when I'm sleeping.
    Juvenile Onset Diabetic since September 17, 1965
    No complications
    Pumping with T:slim G4 beginning November 2015

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blufickle View Post
    My endo uses Diasend. I don't like to print out or look at it. I still log my numbers, I've been doing that since I took over my control at age 9. I have a spread sheet with columns for the date, time, Dexcom (when I use it) T:Slim CGM, Next meter and insulin amount, and notes. The notes can be from what I've eaten, if I'm sick, to a site change, new sensor, bad sensor, bad site, anything. I like doing this even though the pump does contain all the information. I do it because the Dexcom and CGM on my pump can be up to 80+/-% off from my meter. My endo knows this, as does my husband yet both of them want me to wear it. So to keep peace I wear it. I think it's a waste of time and money because I'm testing just as much when I wear the CGM as without. And I can tell when I'm low or high, except for when I'm sleeping.
    Something is not working correctly with your CGMS, it should be much more accurate than what you are reporting. You may need to try a different CGMS<ie Medtronics, but first work with your Diabetes team and Dexcom to figure out what is going wrong. Might be where you are wearing the CGMS, I have never been able to get good results on my stomach, so mainly use back of arms, need someone else to put in for me, or upper rear area of sometimes an upper thigh area. The way you insert can really make a difference also as well as when you calibrate. Call your team and see if they can do some intensive work. Good luck.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
    Something is not working correctly with your CGMS, it should be much more accurate than what you are reporting. You may need to try a different CGMS<ie Medtronics, but first work with your Diabetes team and Dexcom to figure out what is going wrong. Might be where you are wearing the CGMS, I have never been able to get good results on my stomach, so mainly use back of arms, need someone else to put in for me, or upper rear area of sometimes an upper thigh area. The way you insert can really make a difference also as well as when you calibrate. Call your team and see if they can do some intensive work. Good luck.
    We're discovered that there are several of us that for some reason the CGM just has problems. It has gotten better, when it was the G4, it was more often than not 100%+/- off. I've called Dexcom and they tell me there's nothing they can do. We've discussed how I calibrate, I've talked to everyone in my endo's office. So I've done everything you've suggested. I've decided to wait for the G6 and see if that will work better. If I would have gotten my T:Slim G4 later so I could have gotten the upgrade without paying I would have. But our insurance won't let me get a new pump until the warranty on this one is gone.
    Juvenile Onset Diabetic since September 17, 1965
    No complications
    Pumping with T:slim G4 beginning November 2015

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    369

    Default

    We don't have a book like that, we just began to rely on the dexcom and pump output once we had those. Prior to that, we had filled several notebooks with all her meals, doses, etc. using 1 page per day. It was actually pretty helpful at her appointments. Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe we should get back into logging for a while, since we've had some wackiness lately.
    daughter diagnosed 5/15/12, now 8 yrs old
    pumping with animas ping as of 10/13
    dexcom G5 5/16

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
advertisement