advertisement

Thread: Dropped my baby at college!!

Red face Dropped my baby at college!!

Well, we dropped off our baby at college this past weekend! So far so good
    She seems to be adjusting pretty well, had first classes, found ballet classes at 2 different studios & navigated the TRAX system with her roommate to get to the ballet class. I am so proud of her! A little scared, but overall feeling good. She texted this am & said she met another diabetic in her morning class. She said, "I went up to her & said, I'm sorry if this sounds weird, but I saw your dexcom. are you diabetic? ME TOO!" She said the girl lives in the dorm next door & is a freshman too.
    Kim
    Mom to Danielle, age 18, dx'd type 1 age 3 in 2001. MM pump. dx'd celiac 6/09
    Attending University of Utah in fall 2016!
    Pray for me!

Glad things are off to a good start!

Just back from dropping our's off as well :-) They are keeping her so busy that she's been dropping basal rates right and left ;-)
    Sarah
    Mom to DD now 19, dx @4
    Cozmo @6
    Minimed @13
    t:Slim @17
    G4 @ 15

"Happy Birthday, Dr. Banting! Now... let's eat cake! Because of you, we CAN!" - MCS

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Maddie's Mom View Post
    Glad things are off to a good start!

Just back from dropping our's off as well :-) They are keeping her so busy that she's been dropping basal rates right and left ;-)
    Oh my goodness! I can't believe Maddie is old enough to be in college! Congrats mama!
    Jill - adult type 1.
    Minimed pump, Dexcom.

Quote Originally Posted by jilmarie View Post
    Oh my goodness! I can't believe Maddie is old enough to be in college! Congrats mama!
    Sweet of you to remember her ;-) Yes, she's 18 and already planning her semester abroad! Goes fast!
    Sarah
    Mom to DD now 19, dx @4
    Cozmo @6
    Minimed @13
    t:Slim @17
    G4 @ 15

"Happy Birthday, Dr. Banting! Now... let's eat cake! Because of you, we CAN!" - MCS

A week in...she has sprained her ankle & navigated student health services. Proud Momma here! Not thrilled that she did it, fooling around on a skateboard, lol, but glad overall that she got it checked out & handled the situation. Missing my girl this weekend;(
    Kim
    Mom to Danielle, age 18, dx'd type 1 age 3 in 2001. MM pump. dx'd celiac 6/09
    Attending University of Utah in fall 2016!
    Pray for me!