advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Foot problems

1. Default

I have also been worried about neuropathy and never go barefoot, as well as my annual checkups and daily care I use a Medipin regularly which can pick up potential neuropathies early

Quote Originally Posted by Hooglet View Post
    I have also been worried about neuropathy and never go barefoot, as well as my annual checkups and daily care I use a Medipin regularly which can pick up potential neuropathies early
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm not sure what your situation is but as has been discussed last year in this thread most children with Type 1 don't need to take any special precautions with their feet besides what every other kid who runs around barefoot should. Certainly not using a Medipin regularly. Obviously each person has their own situation with their own way of managing this, but when I read your post I had a vision of newly dx parents poking their kids feet.
    Chris
    Dad to Danielle, 18 years old
    Diagnosed 17 Aug 2007
    MDI (Novolog and Levemir) Aug 2007 to Aug 2015
    Dexcom G5 System with Share 22 Jul 2015
    Omnipod 11 Aug 2015

Let the Type 1 children run barefoot. There's no reason not too. That is all.

Proud Dad of Amy (19), diagnosed Aug. 2006 and getting MDI of Apidra, Regular and Lantus..
    and Sylvie (15); very happy husband of Shirla!