advertisement

Thread: Dexcom has REALLY started to suck!

Default Dexcom has REALLY started to suck!

** venting **

Noah's Dexcom started complaining about low transmitter battery after less than 2 months (it should last for 3 months) and I've been on hold for tech support for an hour now. Seriously! They used to be SO good at customer support.
    Dad of 8 yo T1D boy, diagnosed Jan 2015.
    Pumping Humalog with Animas Ping.
    Dexcom G4 with Share2.

Their customer base doubled this year. Growing pains for which they don't seem to have anticipated well. I was on hold for 51 minutes recently. Thank goodness for speaker phones! I cleaned the bathroom while listening to their recorded messages over and over and over. A pain, but I wouldn't want to go back to T1D life before Dexcom.
    8/2010 - 9/2011 MDI, Lantus & Humalog
    9/2011- Medtronic Revel 723 & CGM
    11/2012 - Dexcom G4
    2013 - Cut-The-Cord for water times after multiple Aquapac failures
    10/2015 - T-slim

"Life is not waiting for the storms to pass, but learning to DANCE in the rain."

True! After 1 hour and 5 minutes, I got to talk to a very pleasant girl who not only sent me a free replacement for the transmitter, but also a bonus sensor for having waited for so long. Happy camper again!
    Dad of 8 yo T1D boy, diagnosed Jan 2015.
    Pumping Humalog with Animas Ping.
    Dexcom G4 with Share2.

I am very disappointed in Dexcom. My son received a new receiver a couple weeks ago to replace the receiver they have recalled because of the faulty speaker. His new receiver's screen is flickering in and out. I have called 3x, waited on hold for an hour the first time to be disconnected, 35 min. on the second call and 45 min yesterday before I couldnot wait longer. I sent emails to customer service, got a robo reply, and have yet to hear back from anyone at Dexcom. I don't know if they are overwhelmed because of the recall or what, but were not happy.
    Katie
    DS Jack - 5yrs. old
    Dxd Labor Day 2013 (while on vacation out of state)
    Medtronic minimed 530g - Feb. 2014
    Dexcom with Share Feb. 2015

We saw our rep a couple weeks ago, and he said something like 68! new customer service reps are in training. He also told me that they've analyzed the calls, and something near 50% of the calls to customer service are ones that should really be directed to their CDEs. That surprised me, perhaps because we've used the system for several years and haven't contacted our CDE since the first year. But if they're getting lots of new customers, it makes sense. He also told me that there is a dedicated number for defective sound receivers, that you don't have to go through customer service for that.

Hopefully soon it will be back to the fantastic service we've seen in the past.
    8/2010 - 9/2011 MDI, Lantus & Humalog
    9/2011- Medtronic Revel 723 & CGM
    11/2012 - Dexcom G4
    2013 - Cut-The-Cord for water times after multiple Aquapac failures
    10/2015 - T-slim

"Life is not waiting for the storms to pass, but learning to DANCE in the rain."

Quote Originally Posted by MomofSweetOne View Post
    He also told me that they've analyzed the calls, and something near 50% of the calls to customer service are ones that should really be directed to their CDEs.
    Judging from the number of people posting on facebook who clearly have NO IDEA about pretty much everything about the dexcom system, it's clear that there is a huge need for education for some people starting out.... because there is a certain subset of people that just want information handed to them, they don't want to actually do any research on their own beforehand. I imagine these same people are constantly on the phone with Dexcom with various "issues" that really aren't legitimate issues, they're just lack of education about the system.
    Sarah T1 @ 20 (10/2000), Hashi's @ 24 (10/2004)
    mom to 3 non-D kids (9, 11, & 16)
    currently running Loop with Humalog and Dexcom G5 since 7/2016 because #WeAreNotWaiting

I completely agree with you! The amount of people calling the regular number regarding the recall, the amount of people insisting that their receiver passed the audio test but did not get a audio alert is alarming.pun intended.problems with being 20 points off off a 300 bg? I feel bad for decompression and the growing pains but we do use the g4 share and G5, and we got no info on the G5 and as a seasoned user I findon't it interesting that a follower gets "no data" for out of rangevery and a error code. That is an issue.
    McKenna DX 1/3/06 @ 13 months^11 YRS
    Pumping @ 18 months & Dexcoming @ 4.5 yrs
    PINGing - Tethered with Lantus
    Madison DX 3/17/14 @ 5yrs thru Trial Net^7YRS
    Started with Dexcom and now Pinging

impaired glucose at 2hr mark
    8/12 BG 166^4/13 BG 205^6/13 BG 143^3/14 BG 216
    faith trust and pixie dust

I haven't had to call Dexcom in awhile. Ever since we switched from G4 to G5, and ditched the receiver, the system has worked well. The few times it has acted up, we've been able to troubleshoot at home (unpair it with her phone, and then pair it again - that kind of thing).
    DD diagnosed March, 2013 at age 10, now 14 years old
    T:slim (Humalog until 12/31/14, now Novolog) as of August, 2013
    Dexcom G5

My biggest complaint was the three consecutive DOA receivers (G4) sent to us in a row - to replace an iffy charging port (wish I had kept it). They did right and replaced them with apologies but either I had a run of bad luck or their production line or parts supplier has suffered. My return kits (2) had two receivers in each.
    Stay at home Dad to son, 16.
    Diagnosed: 02/2006
    OmniPod: 09/2007, Novolog Humalog since 1/16
    Dexcom Seven Plus: 02/2010 Dexcom G4: 01/2013 Now Dexcom G5

Throughout history

Every mystery
    EVER solved has turned out to be ...
    Not Magic. - Tim Minchin

Hydrogen, given sufficient time, turns into people. - The Meaning of Life